Chocolate Potato Bon Bons

This is a recipe from when I was a kid that I would sit and do with my grandmother. Very yummy! We would also make them up for my grandfather who was a diabetic. So he could have a treat.

• 1 bag of chocolate chips
  • 1/4 of a cube of paraffin wax or leftover from jam (cleaned)
  • Left over mash potatoes or fresh made ones
  • 1/2 cup to 1 cup of powdered sugar
  • vanilla (optional)

Melt your bag of chocolate chips and clean paraffin wax together until runny. Take mashed potatoes, mix in sugar (opt. vanilla) to taste. Put into fridge to get hard.

Take a spoonful and roll into balls dipping into melted chip mixture. Set on wax paper to get hard.

You can do this with peanut butter instead of mashed potatoes. No preservatives, fresh healthy candy. Less calories also. I have also put in coconut flakes to make almond joy. Makes wonderful gift, too

Source: Recipe from grandmother.

By Roxi from Seattle, WA

Editor's Note: You could also use artificial sweetener instead of the sugar.

Oh I used to make a version of this recipe about 40 years ago. Yes, you eat the wax! and the candies are delicious.

How is this a diabetic friendly recipe? It's filled with sugar and fat and carbs. Do you really melt the wax and eat it? Wow, interesting what recipes used to be like! I have some of those interesting looking ones in my Grandmother's old book too, but none so far with wax.

Chocolate Bon Bons
Chocolate Bon Bon Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CandiesJuly 9, 2008
Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips
Making Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips
Cappuccino Bon Bon
Cappuccino Bon Bon Recipes
Bon Bon Cookie Recipes
Bon Bon Cookie Recipes