Counter Top Dishwasher

I am looking for a small counter top dishwasher. I know they were made years ago, don't know if they still are. I'm single and I hate hand washing dishes. Can anyone tell me if they are still made and where I can find one? I have back problems and can't stand for any length of time. Thank you for any help.

Ellen from Maricopa, CA

We looked into countertop dishwashers a few years back. We found that it was better for us to buy a portable dishwasher, rather than the countertop model - it didn't cost too much more, but you can get a full load in it, including pots and pans. With the countertop model, you can only fit a few plates, utensils, glasses. Its also useless if you have company over for dinner! The other bonus is that instead of taking up counter space, we have a bit of extra counter space that can be moved when we need it! I know that the countertop dishwashers are not found in too many stores nowadays, but if you go to danby.com you can find the product you want, and a local dealer who may carry it.

WE FOUND ONE AT BEST BUY

We also have a portable dishwasher. It has a butcher-block type countertop. We got ours at Lowes. Not too bad...sometimes the dishes don't dry completely, but I think I may have found the solution to that (thanks to thrifty tips, I should add). Our dishwasher was about $350. I would think anything other than portable would be a complete pain in the neck to repair...JMHO. Good luck

http://www.next  sher/search-html

I'm a little late (catching up on my emails) but I wanted to add that although portable dishwashers are nice, they are expensive. I had one before and they are good. But I am alone now also. And a portable dishwasher is not the answer. (Unless money is no object.) Being alone you have to either wash a few dishes over and over. Or they pile up until you have a mountain. Either way is a nuisance. I am going to search on the web because I may want to get one soon myself.Spending sometime searching anything has almost always eventualoly turned up what I was looking for. In fact, I sometimes find too much. btw, I think some of you mixed up "counter top" dishwashers with "built in" dishwashers which go under your counter top.

I have one that I'm willing to sell. I bought it and found it was too small for my needs. Never did use it or set it up. I bought it at a discount store.

Hi, Danby makes a countertop dishwasher. You can check prices on the internet - they vary greatly. I think Target carries them. Pamida also. good luck.