Mark Names on Underwear

When my kids were little, I had four within 5 years, the last three were girls. As the girls started wearing panties, I put their initial (very small) in the back right under the elastic. I used a black magic marker. This made it easy for them to tell front from back and saved me time when I was folding and sorting laundry.

By Karen

Here's a laundry shortcut for identifying sock owners. I bought my husband all grey socks, my son all white socks, I have all black socks and my daughter only wears pastels. I sort by owner and they can just grab two socks and know they're a match.

We do something similar. I have three boys under five. Instead of marking an initial, we use one "x" for the oldest, "xx" for the middle, and "xxx" for the youngest. That way when one child outgrows it and passes it to the next, all I have to do is add an "x" and it's labeled for him. We do this with socks too. Now they get to help sort! :)

We do a similar thing but use those little tiny brass safety pins. 1 for the oldest, 2 for the next, 3 for the next, etc. We mark pants this way too.l

My mother-in-law had 4 boys. She would use a different color of thread for each person's socks and underwear.

use a laundry marker and you can do this, the oldest child get one dot on the piece of clothing, the second oldest gets 2 dots, third gets 3 dots, etc. as you pass down clothing you can just add a dot to the waistband, toe of sock, or on the tag. easy, fast and safe.

An organized underwear drawer.
Organizing Underwear
Organizing ClothingJune 15, 2004
Underwear on Clothes Line
Removing Stains on Underwear
Woman with a Leg Cast
Underwear to Wear with a Leg Cast
A pile of women's underwear.
Organizing Your Underwear Drawer
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
🎄