Recycling Window Curtain Packaging

Forgive me if this question has been asked before, but I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how they re-use the packaging that curtains come in? They are thick plastic and have a zipper at the top. I have used the large ones to store blankets and clothing. This time I have small ones (smaller than a sheet of paper). Just looking for ideas and suggestions to spark my own imagination. Thanks.

By khilde80 from SD

My husband keeps a small zipper bag in the truck that holds his reference book he uses often. I've used them to store many things in so they won't get lost and need to be kept together like my pet clipper attachments. Some of these bags have a hole in the end to hang on a hook or nail which is convenient too. They're also useful for keeping bathing supplies in when taking a trip.

When my young son went to camp, I used these smaller bags to hold shower supplies. They are great for carrying kid-sized shower flip flops, a travel sized shampoo and a small soap to the shower house. You can also make a "get-ready-for-the-day" bag with toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, Q-Tips, a comb and folding water cup. Thread a colorful shoelace through the zipper pull, so that the bag can be hung up on the towel hook. (Make sure that the shoelace is well-knotted for hanging.)

The larger bags can hold sheets and towels for their cabin.

I use them for project bags to keep all the items together that I need when crafting.

In my laundry room, I have one of these very sturdy bags clipped to a skirt hanger (the type with strong metal clips). In it I toss plastic bags that are to be recycled. When it is full, I put the "junk" bags into one throwaway bag,and take it to the local recycle place (a nearby grocery which recycles plastic bags), since our trash collector doesn't accept such; this leaves my laundry room plastic bag emptied and ready to start over.

Like irisbird, I use them for organizing crafting and sewing items. One bag holds a variety of leftover trims and laces and another has zippers that were purchased on clearance for future use. Others are used to hold craft projects that are in process. One with knitting, another with cross stitch, and another with sewing. These are stored in a tote bag so that when I am ready to do some hand work, I can quickly select whatever I want.

I've used them for holding makeup, toileties, etc. to put in my overnight luggage when I go out of town. Good in case shampoo, etc. leaks.

They are useful for taking to the beach, camping, park, bbq supplies like long matches, pix that haven't been put into a book yet, recipe cards, seeds, etc.

Some are large enough to keep single strings of holiday lights, tinsel and garland.

I keep some of my computer supplies in them, like extra cords, power packs and even routers with all their cords and instructions.

Great for keeping writing supplies like envelopes, stamps and addy labels clean & dry.

If you know someone in a hospital or convalescent center it is great for giving them writing supplies {you can put the addy labels on the center of the envelopes so they are pre-addressed for the person} and misc greeting cards, small crossword or other books.

Good for keeping in the car with small toys for the kids as well as first aid supplies in the trunk, keeping batteries together. I reuse them for just about everything and even let my friends know not to throw them in the trash but pass them to me if they have no use for them.

I have used them to organize scarves and stockings in my dresser. Also for keeping holiday linens like napkins or doilies dust free in storage.

Wow, these are all such wonderful ideas. I posted that I wanted feedback and everyone of these ideas has been very helpful. I just love this site. Thank you to all for not only this topic but the hundreds of other topics.

Good Idea to use if you carry a diaper bag. Use it to keep clothes dry incase a bottle leaks. Or keep your adult things in like a checkbook, wallet, pocket callendar and pens. When your not using the diaper bag just pull the clear bag out!

I use them all the time. They keep nylons neat, socks, hair stuff, beach items, braclets the big ones, bows, tags, greeting cards, prescriptions, little soaps, open game pieces. pens, markers, crayons. Have fun.

out in RI

I once worked for a company that would not allow us to bring in bag or purses of any kind unless it was clear plastic type. The clear plastic zipper top packages I had also had handles. It came in quite handy. Same thing applied for my daughter. When the schools insisted on clear bags she used one of these bags to keep small things in. For example lip glosses, Student ID card, lunch money.

I use them in my linen closet to hold cloth napkins, handkerchiefs, etc. They are great

Uses for Zippered Sheet, Blanket and Comforter Bags
Better Living Green Living ReusingAugust 31, 2009
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Arched Window
Making a Curtain for an Arched Window
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄