Coffee Container Bird Feeder and Clothes Pin Holder

Here are two tips for the less handy among us.

After making one cut into the handle of a popular coffee can, I ended up with a weather and bug-resistant container for my clothes-pins. One for each line, just slide it as you hang out the clothes. Thinking about it now, connecting the lid with a piece of string would keep it handier than picking it off the ground.

Inspired by this, I took my trusty steak knife and carefully carved an opening in the corner of another can. And I twisted a small hole into the handle to accept the screw hook. Now the birds have another alfresco dining spot.

At least now I'm not tripping over empty containers I knew could be used for something.

David from Cheboygan, MI

how about putting velcro on the top of the lid and on the bottom of the canister. no holes to poke. lid is either on the top or on the bottom. i like that it keeps your clothespins dry and bug free. that's a major bummer for me.

is the bird feeder fixed to the tree or does it hang, too? what about the squirrels that i don't want to feed?

speaking of cool squirrel resistant (not necessarily proof) bird feeders, i saw a neat one. they took a laced shoe and hung it from a tree with a single cord from the "bow end" of the laces. birds can feed but squirrels will cling to the toe end and the seed will run into the toe and they can't get to it. this one was painted to look like a deranged bumblebee!

susan in buckeyeland

I loved both of those ideas!! I will be using them today-thanks for the tips!

I dont mind feeding the squirrels as well-they get hungry too!

good idea and great recycle!!

I use my empty plastic coffee container to place my compostable kitchen waste..when it gets full I make a trip out to the compost bin.

A big round of applause to you! I really like your idea a lot! Too cool! Thanx for the post!

That is a gread birdfeeder. I am going to make one!

Coffee Can as Pencil Holder
Recycled Coffee Can Crafts
Better Living Green Living RecyclingSeptember 4, 2008
A glass hummingbird feeder.
Making a Hummingbird Feeder
Recycled Bird Feeder
Recycled Bird Feeder Ideas
Squirrel Feeder
Making a Squirrel Feeder
Butterfly Feeder
Making a Butterfly Feeder
🎉
🎄