Sewing Patterns for Dresses in Queen Sizes

I have a wedding in May to attending, for my sister's son. I am a queen size and can't find anything to wear. Does anyone know of sewing patterns that come in queen sizes? I have just spent 30 mins looking and found a couple sites but not much.

Sandy from Baltimore

I sew for a living and am always looking for patterns.I too am +sz here is a site for patterns that go to size 6X hope it helps

http://www.fashionpatterns.com/pages/XL-6X_Patterns/XL-6X_dresses.html

i also meant to say ebay sellers offer lots plus size dresses for differant occasions try it. just put in 6x or whatever your size maybe in the search field.

You can always go to your local wal-mart and visit there sewing section and browse through their pattern books. They usually have plus size and even have yardage for as low as $1 a yard. I too, am plus size and can buy the pattern and material for less than $8. Then i can reuse the pattern with different material to alter the "new dress".

Simplicity & most of the major pattern companies have a special section in their books for larger women. It makes perfect sense, as people the world over (especially in America) are getting larger. I'm not a large women (anymore) but I still sometimes buy from this area of the pattern books because I like the patterns & they go down to a size 10. There's a wonderful designer named Khaliah Ali that only designs for larger women (Simplicity) & she has some beautiful patterns!

KHALIAH ALI's PATTERNS FOR LARGER WOMEN:

http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?crit=1065&id=1089&StartRow=1

Here's a wonderful site. These patterns are made especially for women who are larger AND shorter, thus the name: "Petite-Plus Patterns"... You need not be "Petite" to sew from these patterns, as they have places to add or shorten every pattern piece. But what's especially nice about these patterns is they are specially designed to make you look longer & leaner. I read a (chat) interview with the designer of Petite-Plus Patterns on PaternReview.Com & she talked about "Color Choice" being THE most important thing for Petite-Plus women. She said that Petite-Plus women should try to wear ONE color, head to toe.

They can be solids, mixed with patterns or vertical stripes as long as the clothes are ALL the same color! She also said it's important to wear 3 matching pieces of clothing, (all the same color) Example: a tunic vest, a skirt & scarf, or pants with a jacket & a hat. This way a person looking at you will see a longer/leaner you! It made perfect sense to me & even though I'm 5'-5", I still plan to use this advise in my own life!

PETITE-PLUS PATTERNS:

http://petitepluspatterns.com/

I know you asked for patterns but thought I might give this info if you can't find anything. I'm a size 30/32 and I bought my wedding dress in dillards for 75.00 on clearance. I was also able to find my mothers gown there also for 25.00. Now is the time to be looking because they closeout all of last years stuff at this time of year, to make room for this years Easter and prom dresses.

Crafts SewingFebruary 27, 2008
Bride wearing her wedding dress.
Why Do We Keep Our Wedding Dresses?
Queen Anne's Lace
Getting Rid of Queen Anne's Lace
A woman wearing a homemade bridesmaid dress.
Making Homemade Bridesmaids Dresses
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
🎉
🎄