JewelryCrafts

EZ Fashion Ring Craft

I am crazy about the trend for fashion rings and have bought a few and dug up some more old ones. But do you know you can also make ones out of the unlikely combination of silicone/plastic/rubber rings plus a single orphan stud earring. Just stick the wire end of the stud into the soft plastic of the ring and voila!, a modern jeweled ring.

On one ring I put the opal stud through the silicone and bent back the gold wire of the stud underneath on the other side to keep it in. It's a nice contrast of the pink of the silicone ring and the opal. On another ring, I used a black Halloween ring, took off the spider, and trimmed the top and then put in an amethyst stud (closing up the open back with black tape). And now I have a trendy black fashion pinkie ring!

They won't last forever, but probably as long as the trend! The studs came from a friend. The silicone ring was a giveaway and the black ring cost practically nothing at a yard sale. So, the cost = only my ingenuity! (which is a good deal when plastic rings at the mall are $7-10!)

Source: My own knack for EZ crafts

By Pam from L.A. CA

They sound clever and cute, but I was a little unclear. Could you post a photo? Thanks