I have mold in my garage and it is all over my clothing and furniture how do I get rid of it?
Joy from Virginia Beach, VA
My water heater got wild and sprayed water on the surrounding wall in my garage. The wall is not painted. Mold grew on the wall. I poured bleach into a spray bottle and sprayed the blackened area. What didn't turn white by the next day was sprayed again. The mold has not returned. Sorry to hear of all the damage to your belongings.
I BOUGHT A LARGE BUG SPRAYER WITH A SPRAY NOZZLE AND ADDED BLEACH TO SOME WATER AND SPRAY THE VINYL SIDING ON THE NORTH SIDE TO GET RID OF MOLD. I ALSO SPRAY MY WOOD PRIVACY FENCE WITH THE SAME MIXTURE EACH SPRING WHEN THE GREEN STUFF IS ALL OVER IT. i DON'T KNOW WHY THAT WOULDN'T WORK WITH YOUR PROBLEM.
For mold to grow, it needs low light, stagnant air and moisture...
Open your garage doors during the day which will allow air and light in... Also check your roof for leaks.... A leaking roof will cause mold. Also check the outside walls for leaks... Caulk any places that would allow water to seep in.... Replace any rotting wood...
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!