Browsing: Removing Stains on Underwear

Cleaning Underwear

My mom is starting to soil her undies. How do I get out the feces and urine. I put tried bleach and water, then soaking and washing them in detergent but the smell of bleach is there. Any other suggestions would really help. Thank you.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Try adding a cup of baking soda to rinse water.

try adding a cup of white vinegar to the wash water and wash in hot water allow them to soak if you can good luck

Just use the same products as for baby clothes. They are made to take out all the stains that come out of either end of the baby!

I began using baby detergent years ago for my sensitive skin. I like the way it makes my sheets and other laundry smell, too. Hope this will be a solution for you.

You can use vinegar instead of fabric softener in the fabric softener dispenser place in your washer. This should remove all smells of bleach. I find the smell very irritating so when I wash my white handkerchiefs using bleach I am sure to use vinegar to remove the smell. Also, consider getting your mother something like depends.

I love the smell of bleach it just smells like clean to me, but I would add the vinegar or I would use less bleach and soak the panties in vinegar then wash with a little bleach. The vinegar can also be sprayed on furniture that she has sat on it will smell like vinegar until it dries but it's better than urine smell. If bleach and vinegar cannot be used in the wash I would use Spray and Wash or maybe some Oxyclean.

My mom used cloth diapers and she used to soak them in a solution of borax and water. They sell 20 mule team borax at most stores. It's natural and won't break down the fibers as fast as bleach, and is less apt to cause skin allergies. It works wonders. Give it a try!

Instead of using bleach, use hydrogen peroxide. Gets everything squeaky clean, no yellowing like bleach does, and best of all no bleach smell!

Use hydrogen peroxide instead of the bleach. Gets everything sqeaky clean and disenfected, without yellowing or the toxic smell.

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions I will sure try them. It is a great help. Thank you all.

Here in the UK we have a very good product called Napisan which is used to soak fabric nappies (diapers) befor laundering. If thats available in the USA you could try that.

I have the same problem with my MIL. I use 20 Mule Team Borax. I just add about 1/4 to a half of cup with my usual laundry detergent. It does a great job removing odors.

Try using 1/2 cup tide detergent, 1/2 cup borax, & 1 cup bleach in your washing machine with the machine filling with water. If possible dry items in the sun outside. I've been doing this for over 48 years & have never had a problem with any white clothes or even pastel womens panties not coming out impeccable clean (even with an occasional accident).

good luck.

I use a pet product that removes stains and odor - gives off nice scent. I think I am going to switch to the borax suggestions. I believe borax is cheaper than what I have been paying for.

Plain club soda is the best thing I have found to remove stains. Just soak the undies in the club soda and wash as usual.This product removes almost anything. Hope this helps. ~Janette~

Look in your supermarket laundry aisle for products sold in tubs that are used to whiten and brighten nappies. I always soak white bras, etc in them and they come out looking like new!

We have Napisan in Australia as well. However an inexpensive soaker which also works on soiled nappies is bi-carb soda ( baking soda) disoolved in hot water.

Thanks for the tips as my hubby has accidents sometimes. Sure appreciated.

Underwear on Clothes Line
Removing Stains on Underwear
Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingFebruary 15, 2009
Woman with a Leg Cast
Underwear to Wear with a Leg Cast
Two pairs of men's boxer briefs in the colors white and red hanging on a clothesline
Cleaning Feces Stains on Underwear
A pile of women's underwear.
Organizing Your Underwear Drawer
An organized underwear drawer.
Organizing Underwear
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 12:18:25 AM on 10.0.0.27 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.