Browsing: Canning Tomato Salsa

Salsa Canning Tip

I got this tip from a neighbor. Instead of cooking my homemade salsa for canning on top of the stove, and having the tomatoes cook to a liquid, I put the mixture into my roasting pan and baked it in my oven for 4-5 hours, stirring every hour. I baked it at 350 degrees. The tomatoes stayed a little chunky, the sauce tasted and looked just like store bought, and didn't turn into a mushy mess.

By Marjorie

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Do you blanche your tomatoes first? I do mine on the stove but find I have too much liquid and would like it thicker. Haven't found a way other than draining off to correct it.

i have made hot pepper butter...delicious...but never salsa, so i am new to canning it! i am starting from scratch here...literally!

Boil your ingredients down the longer you boil it the thicker it will be.

Jars of Freshly Canned Salsa
Canning Tomato Salsa
Food and Recipes CanningApril 22, 2001
Bowl of salsa surrounded by tomatoes.
Mild Salsa Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Fruit Salsa Recipes
Fruit Salsa Recipes
A jar of homemade salsa.
Freezing Salsa
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 1, 2016 at 1:36:27 AM on 10.0.2.49 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.