Steam Mop Leaves Floor Streaky

I recently purchased the Shark Steam Mop and I like it, however it leaves a dull streaky finish on my floors. I have laminate (Pergo) and tile. It's doing it on both. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do?

By AMerrill from Galesburg, IL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Yes! I just got back from returning mine to the store. If you have hard water, or use powder laundry soap to wash the pads in, it will leave streaks on your floor. I was lucky I read this in a review before I used mine, so I got to take mine back to the store. We have really hard water where I live, and I only use powder detergent, so it wasn't going to work for our family! Good luck!

We have soft water, and I have the same problem. It works much better than the SwifferJet than we had. I got the Steam Blaster off of Craigslist, so I use it for many applications.

Steam Mop
Using a Steam Mop
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsFebruary 20, 2010
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Fabric Steam Press
Repairing a Fabric Steam Press
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 1:10:54 AM on 10.0.1.74 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.