Problems Painting Over Wallpaper

I painted a room in my house without knowing that the previous paint job was done over wallpaper. The problem is the paper is starting to bubble under the paint. Is there anything that I can do to fix this without redoing the whole room?
Thanks goldenboggs

Goldenboggs

Hi, I just went thru the entire process. I ended up calling Sherwin williams and was told that no amt of paint over paper can be guaranteed for any amt of time. I ended up stripping the paper which has the paint on and it took off the actual paper on the drywall. I was able to salvage that with primer which took 3 coats of paint. It was a real mess and my husband actually wanted to redrywall the walls but I didn't want the dust that comes with that. Who knows but my wall looks good now. Good luck with yours.

I don't know what to tell you to do about what you've already painted over, but if you decide to paint over wallpaper in the future, use a base of oil paint and then paint your latex over it. I learned this tip from my best friend who has rental homes.

I did this is in my living room and it works. Three years later and it still looks great. Just make sure you use the oil paint in a well ventilated area and make sure you tape off everything well as it's not easy to remove oil paint.

Wendy

Today I helped a friend paper a bathroom in the most unique way I've ever seen. I'd prefer this over painting any day.Sounds to me like you've got wall problems anyway,and it's going to cost a lot to be able to paint. It took 2 rolls to do this job--(Imagine doing a room with cheap paper-- wouldn"t that be nice?) HERE"S THE PROCEDURE: TEAR medium sized peices dipping in the water and putting on the wall. These will be different sizes and shapes because you are TEARING the pieces.. Continue to dip and paste until your wall is covered. Do not use straight edged except to do the top,bottom and to trim around outlets,etc.You will still tear this paper only leaving the straight edge.This gives the paper a textured look and turns out prettier than painting. However I would not recommend this procedure for floral paper, just a solid or a sort of stone type design. This would be a great cover for problem walls.She learned about this procedure at a Lowes store.

You "might" be able to use Kiltz over it then primier then paint it again. I would ask the local Paint store first,or try looking it up online to see if there is a place you can get PROFESSIONAL tips from too. This one is from a woman who just does things herself(ME) then sees if it works. Good luck :)

Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating WallpaperJanuary 31, 2005
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄