Yellowed Wool Jacket

I have an off white lined jacket made of 86% wool and 14% nylon that has turned yellow, it is dry clean only. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to change the color as I can not wear it as it is.

Debbie from Sydney, Nova Scotia

Dear Debbie, You should be able to dye your jacket. Check out and this will tell you if the fabric will dye well, and what colours to chose from. Good luck.

Don't put ANY water to that wool, or it might shrink BIG TIME. I'd not fight it, but rather buy some wonderful contrasting 1/8"-1/4" wide Soutache braid trimming and pin a great design on the sleeves, lapels, and perhaps use your imagination, then either glue it on with glue for woolens, you'd better be good at crafts to glue, or hand sew it with the same colored thread as the braid. You could even go around each button hole.

Remember to wash the braid first, and to try to get poly/cotton blend braid so it is less likely to shrink. Also, you could reline or over-lay a new lining over all your stitching and add new buttons. If it's worth all your worry, I'd go with the flow and design something cool for yourself.

God bless you. : )

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing WoolMarch 30, 2007
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Stains on a Leather Jacket
Girl wearing a leather jacket.
Caring for a Leather Jacket
Yellowed Refrigerator Handles
Cleaning Yellowed Refrigerator Handles