Could Bird Seed Be Causing Seizures in My Dog?

My rat terrier is almost 2 years old and I have a cockatiel. I've caught him eating the bird food from around the cage in November 07. He had his first seizure, since then he has had two more. Could the bird food or droppings be causing the seizures? He is quite healthy and active except for that. Since November he has had 3 seizures that i know of.

Melissa from Warrior, Alabama

Please read this previously posted article immediately! Yes, bird seed can cause seizures in dogs!

i have never heard of it from bird seed its self but i can tell you that bird feces can kill you and anyother liveing thing that eats it as far as house pets and humans.i learned tha when i was doing an animal TV show that was on caring for animals and that was brought up by the can be fatal to just breath in the fumes from bird waste too long.

The food maybe causing a problem but a while back dog food has been carrying aspartame and msg in it. The vet told me that active dogs have more trouble with this type of problems. When our dog did this, I thought she had died. I held her as she started then went limp. I thought she was gone and nothing I could do. She had just been playing. Now, she takes meds daily and is expected to live a normal life. However, I feed her food that I have checked out and mostly would consider something I would have no trouble myself eating. Dog food is made out of most droppings from human food. Be careful and read up on MSG and Aspartame. This is causing problems in animals and humans, with the out come not so great. Best wishes

i have found a good home for my bird and have also changed my dogs diet he seems to be doing well. i noticed when i would clean my birds cage or feed him my dog was right there trying to help me and would get some of the seeds possible feces to i have started keeping a journal of each seizure and the circumstances surrounding it and the bird is the only thing that was consistant so time will tell i suppose

Dog Having Seizures
Pets Dogs HealthMarch 19, 2008
Man Pointing at Brake Rotor
Fixing Squeaky Brakes
Bird Seed
Covering a Bird House With Bird Seed
growing snap dragons from seed
Growing Flowers from Seed
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed