Transfer Onions to Naval Orange Bags

When I buy 3 pounds of onions, they come in a mesh kind of bag. But as time rolls along, the onions' skins come off, fall out of the bag and make a mess. I found that using a 8 pound naval orange mesh bag seems to keep the skins from going everywhere. I don't know if the holes are a different size but I no longer have the mess.

Works great for me and I wanted to share.

By Becky from Madison, OH

The mess bags come in handy with many reuses; collecting things of nature, like small rocks,leaves twigs, perhaps picking wild fruits like berries maybe cherries. How about more humane for your fish catch, instead of a stinger. Maybe catched and release crabs salamanders, and even bugs.

At the beach? Collecting shells or how about keeping sunscreen soaps cleaning things? Camping? Small things you might need fast bags can easily be identified. Home? Hang a bunch of citronella leaves to keep insects away. Trip Pack a few of those bags in your suitcases with things like soaps toothpaste, deodorants all together. Vehicle? Clean rags, how about a first aid kit. So many ways these bags can be reuse.

Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesMay 18, 2009
chopping green onions
Chopping Green Onions
Onions growing in the ground.
Growing Onions
Freezing Green Onions
Freezing Green Onions
Photo of an onion harvest.
Harvesting Onions