My daughter wears an AFO (ankle foot orthotic) and her velcro straps holding the AFO are no longer white; but dirty. What's the best way to clean the velcro and a piece of cloth strap that is next to her leg? Any ideas?
Gail from AZ
Have you contacted the company that makes Velcro for ideas? One thought I had was to take a ribbon of the same width and glue it on to cover the surfaces that are dirty. Could add a decorative touch if that would be suitable.
How about taking a piece of strong tape and press into the velcro and then lift off the dirt!
This should work!
I just clean mine with Dawn Dish liquid and a scrubbing brush.
Try white vinegar mixed with some baking soda
little water to fizz the dirt off with clean rag scrub.
would a stiff bristle toothbrush work?
JoAnn in Elkhart, IN
as a special ed teacher i know you can replace the velcroes yourself if it possible or sent it the back to were it was made and they may change the velcro for a small fee
THis may sound weird, but when I was in elementary school, with velcro shoes ;) I used to clean them with a doll's comb or fine men's comb
Get a thin wire dog brush (the smaller the better)...it does 85% of the job. For the other 15%, I use a tooth pick (not wooden - the metal covered kind that is made for your purse).
If you have a cat brush, they have thin metal pins to brush the hair of the cat, these do an excellent job.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!