"Outdoors Indoors" Kitchen Decor

My kitchen needed a re-do and money was tight. So, started looking around and found some old lattice pieces outside and my kitchen theme became "Outdoors indoors". We painted the cupboards hunter green and the lattice white, put green leaves on with shaped painting foam stamps. Cut to fit and spot glued them on the doors. Used little clay pots for handles.

For the floor, we took an old piece of canvas tenting, painted it white, used masking tape to make "lattice" stripes , then painted over with green. A floor cloth to match my cupboards :0)

By Maggie from Bloomington, MN

how pretty and so differant. what's inside your clay flower pots? how did you attach the pots? I want to make me a flor rug with roosters & apples like that. I know how to do every part of it but I can't seem to find the fabric that craft shows say to use called painters cloth and they apply jesso to it. I went to walmarts fabric department but no such fabric on bolts there they say. did you say it was just an old tent you used for the floor cloth rug? you did a wonderful job on them.

cool !

What a great idea. I have a green kitchen and dark

cupboards. I think I may do this and this will

brighten my kitchen too.

Thanks for sharing, that was good...

I put a little dried moss into the pots and a little bird..they had holes in the bottom and I used a screw through the hole into the door. Canvas of any kind will work..in place of the gesso I used white wall paint (outdoor paint has worked for me also). Another option is to use vinyl flooring, painting on the wrong side..I've made several like that :0)I put several coats of water based varnish when finished and they have held up great for 5+ years. Thank you for the kind comments all :0)

thank you for sharing more info on how you made them. i think i'll try the way you mentioned on the floor rug then. its simply great work and certainly a pretty ooak one of a kind item. thanks again God Bless

I love it all so much!! You must be so proud of your very individual kitchen. Wonderful job!

This is the dinning area of the "inside outside" kitchen...We just recently moved, so now the kitchen is done in Mary Engelbreit..I do miss my garden kitchen though :0)

thats so pretty too, the bench seat set in gorgeous looks like cedar I love cedar, your great a decorating with a theme. thanks for the pictures:)