Cleaning Hard Water Spots Off Of Crystal

We have really hard water, and I wish I could figure out the best way to clean the water spots off my crystal wine glasses. Does any one have any tips? Of course I know that if I buff them when they are wet, but was wondering if there is a special fabric or something which would help and make life easier.

Thanks,
Daphna from Alachua, Florida

Just dampen any paper towel or towel with a little white vinegar and wipe....presto!!

That's sounds familiar I too have hard water.. Hi my name is Rebecca...

The best thing to use is Vinegar that's the only thing I know about it works good... It smells of course but it works try it...

Thanks for your responses. But wouldnt you taste the vinegar?

If you are washing these in the dishwasher, you could try a cup or so of vinegar in the last rince. I used to do this when I lived in a town with hard water and I had no water softer. It also prevented a film on dark china like the brown teapot. You could give it a try.

There will be no vinegar taste. Honest.

I agree with the vinegar. I keep a jar of vinegar under my sink and when I need it I put the vinegar in a dish and roll the glasses in the vinegar and then rinse in hot water. I put the vinegar back into the jar and use the same vinegar over and over.

I have the hardest water out of all of you all . Most times a warm white vinegar and water soak will remove the spots but I have had some in which it did not. I used some fine metal polish in a final try to remove the spots from some glass and had amaizing results. You might try one of those metal polishing cloths to remove them as I do't believe the product I used is available anymore. I used," Haggerty's 100 metal polish". Last time I found some was at a jewelers.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesNovember 6, 2007
Kitchen With Granite Countertops
Removing Hard Water Spots on Granite Countertops
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Crystal Chandelier
Making a Crystal Chandelier
Red Wine in Crystal Glass on Black
Cleaning Crystal
🎉
🎄