Use Empty Kleenex Box For Dryer Lint

I use empty tissue boxes by my washer and dryer to put the lint and used dryer sheets in. They hold an incredible amount and because of the small opening with plastic lining, it keeps the lint from flying around in the air! I have a family of 5 so I do a LOT of laundry! I find one empty box will easily last 4-6 weeks. I also use it to put trash from pockets into - my teenage son is great for leaving things in his pockets. I also keep an old piggy bank beside the tissue box. The loose pocket change really adds up!

By 09dsh from OH

I have been doing this for several years, and it works great. I 're-use' the lint by putting it outside into an old bird feeder. The birds help themselves to the free nest building material. We get some pretty interesting looking nests around here, needless to say. :)

Funny you should say this, I was recently reading on a box of tissues and it said "Do not reuse this box." This concerns me as I use a lot of them for crafting. Haven't had time to look into it but I will. Kinda scares me if you can't reuse a tissue box.

That's a great idea! The tissue box takes up less room than a trash can too. Thanks!

Here's an extra idea for that tip: If you, or someone you know, likes to go camping; save those boxes full of dryer lint! They'd be good for starting campfires.

Uses for Empty Tissue Boxes
Uses for Empty Tissue Boxes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 24, 2010
Uses for Dryer Lint
Uses for Dryer Lint
Dryer Lint Trap
Cleaning the Dryer Lint Trap
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Kleenex wads
Removing Kleenex from Clothing