Creeping Phlox

I just wanted to send in a photo of my creeping phlox in full bloom in the spring. Every several years, they grow out onto the sidewalk. I cut them off with a pruner and take the excess and plant them in an area we have in the back of our lot in order to start new plants (We refer to it as the nursery). I just lay them on the ground and put soil on top of the bottom half of the plant. Be sure the soil comes in contact with the roots. They may look dried up and dead but they are just dormant. In the spring when they start re-establishing their selves, you'll see new green plants emerging. It'll make you smile to see how you've created new plants to grow in your garden.

By Sewing Granny from Millbury, OH

Hello,

They are beautiful. I will plant some in the spring. They put a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing.

Many blessing!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Awesome!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Those phlox are gorgeous! I envy you so much, as I can't get mine to grow! They just stay dormant-looking and won't bloom much. I think they don't like my soil, which is thick red clay. Thanks for sharing, and God bless you.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

How very beautiful! I will most certainly get creeping phlox going at my place. I think you just started a trend! I see this as being the north side of the house, right? not full sun? thanks! Nicely done photo.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Ohh those are so gorgous! I would love to plant some.

Do they bloom all summer? Thanks.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Lovely creepers! You did a great job. I see those phlox at stores but never as nice as yours!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Just wanted to let you know how beautiful the plants are. I try now and again to plant, but do not have any luck.

Could you kindly let me know if there is any special instructions for planting this phlox plant.

Regards

janet

jsimp52 AT yahoo.com

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes