Cleaning a Greasy Oscillating Fan

I use a small, oscillating fan in my kitchen and it seems that overtime the cover gathers a greasy film with dust attached! To quickly and safely clean this off, I unplug the fan and remove the cover. I take the cover outside and spray it with FUME FREE oven cleaner. After it sets for a few minutes I then spray it off with the water hose. It takes every bit of the grease and dust off without me having to scrub.

By Tanya from Winchester, TN

Top Comment

A cheaper alternative to oven cleaner is ammonia. It will cut through grease and dirt like you wouldn't believe! I keep a spray bottle of about 1/4 cup ammonia to a quart of water handy at all times. It cleans practically anything - and for pennies!

I like to use mean green for anything greasy!

IF YOU GREASE LIGHTING ON YOUR FAN AND IT WILL CLEAN IT VERY EASY AND MAKE IT LIKE NEW. YOU CAN GET THIS AT WALMART IN THE CLEANING AISLE SECTION

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJune 26, 2008
Photo of a ceiling fan.
Cleaning a Ceiling Fan
Refurbished a Ceiling Fan
Refurbishing a Ceiling Fan
Ceiling Fan
Repairing a Wobbly Ceiling Fan
Cleaning Dishes
Cleaning Greasy Dishes
🎄
🍂