Browsing: Cleaning Dog Urine Odors from Carpet

Best Cleaner for Dog Urine Odor

I have a 4 year old dog that is constantly wetting on the floor in my bedroom. I can't stand the smell. I have used the Bissell cleaner solution for pets, but still have the same odor. Could someone please tell me the best, least expensive solution to my problem?

By TammySue from Bladenboro, NC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Straight, undiluted white vinegar. Soap and water first, wash two times, rinse two times. Put on full strength vinegar and let dry. Smell of vinegar will go away.

We always cleaned what we could up and then rubes shaving cream into the spot where the dog peed this worked for us when the old family dog of 12 years had a stroke and Had accidents because she insisted she could go pee by herself.

Pet Supply Plus carries a product called Nature's Miracle. It worked for cat urine, which is way worse than dog urine. It has a pleasant odor and eliminated any kind of urine smell. Good luck! Love animals but sometimes they can be PITA's (Pain in the A$$) when they urinate places they aren't supposed to! :)

I also agree with white vinegar if you don't want to spend $$. Pikka's suggestion will work well also. Though, after you clean the floor up with soap and water let it dry before applying the vinegar. It is very important for the floor not to soak in liquids as it will not fully get rid of the smell!

I don't have a remedy for the smell but a 4 yr. old dog should not be wetting like that. Our terrier had "leaky bladder syndrome" and the vet put her on Proin which is a hormone and it took care of it for about 7 yrs. and when it began again we added DES which has taken care of it completely - she is now 14 and no problem. Both are prescribed by the vet but had no side effects. I wish you good luck with the problem and the solution.

I found out Kid n Pet sold at walmart for right under $5 works great for dog urine ofor and stain. Just squirt it on the spot and rub with damp cloth. I then use my little green carpet cleaner with the solution in the cleaner. Nice, clean and refreshing. Little dog can't find that spot to redo.

A chihuahua on a white carpet.
Cleaning Dog Urine Odors from Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJanuary 3, 2011
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
orange house cat
Homemade Cat Urine Cleaner Recipes
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 28, 2016 at 9:04:39 AM on 10.0.2.54 in 852 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.