Red Bumps After Waxing

I just recently waxed my face and it resulted in a few red bumps and wounds/scars. Then i put some azulene oil to help reduce the redness. My question is, is it ok to apply lemon juice on my wounds/scars? Will the lemon juice make my skin look better and make the red scar disappear?

Pinkgurl from Seattle, WA

The acid in lemon juice will burn the already irritated/sensitive skin, probably causing it to get redder before it gets better. I'd stay away from the lemon juice until the irritation goes away. Use something soothing, like aloe vera gel. Plain ice will alleviate the swelling.

the less you put on this the better. ice or cucmber slices/juice would be the most soothing. or aloe

if you are having to wax your face i'd be getting tested for horomone imbalances. facial hair and acne can be signs of polycystic ovaries which are caused by horomone imbalances.

facial hair is just a warning by the body that something is out of whack.

when i had that problem i wasn't making enough progesterone. i take supplements for it and haven't had that problem for months now. good luck

I recomend to go for threading for face..as facial skin is more delicate than rest of the body..

I too had the same experience.specially the skin around the eyes is around 10 times thinner than the rest of the skin on face so likely to get injured while waxing

The one post about possibly having a hormone disorder is completely dramatized. Almost all woman have some form of facial hair and almost all woman have acne! I would say that 6 out of 10 woman get their upper lips waxed! It all depends on your nationality and other genetic traits. Don't feel like a freak because you have to get your lip waxed. Seek professional opinions if your concerned, not the overly conclusive comments of a blogger!

Dearest "Pinkgurl",

These red bumps are a natural resulting effect of the process that one goes through after undertaking a wax treatment. The simosis particles at the base of the skin are inflamed. Yet, unlike other inflamations, your skin will not respond to healing stimuli as the nature of waxing means that any product you apply to your skin may reverse the healing process. Therefore it is best to sooth the skin with cool water.

All the best,

Dr Jillian Armstrong

Does anyone know where to buy azulene oil?

Thanks from Smoochie

:)

Yeah I'd go with ice too.

use hydrocortisone works great, only need to put a little bit on

I tried waxing and I ended up with the bumps, so I tried threading, and ended up with this bumps. What does work?

Hey, I'm having the same problem! The skin around and under my eyes now is red and burning. I don't usually buy cheap wax from stores because I make it myself, but the kind I used called Alexandria face wax strips just burn like crazy. Now I've had these big red scars on my skin under my eyes for 12 hours and I'm afraid if they don't go away! Any suggestions?

My upper lips are red and slightly swollen could this by any chance mean that I'm allergic to the wax?

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ShavingAugust 20, 2006
Colorful sweater hanging in a closet.
Removing Hanger Bumps on Sweaters
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Itchy Puppy
Puppy With Itchy Yellow Bumps
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🎉
🎄