Make a Cushioned Bench for Blanket Storage

This is a home decor and organization tip all in one. If you have lots of blankets taking up space in your linen closet and would like to add a touch of elegance and comfort to your bedroom(s), try this: buy a sturdy coffee table at a yard sale or thrift store whose legs would compliment your decor.

Find a piece of fabric you like, cut it so you have two pieces big enough to cover the top of the coffee table,with several inches hanging over on all sides.

Paint, stain, marbleize, or whatever you would like to do to the table to have it match or compliment the other pieces in the room.

Sew the fabric top and bottoms together, but leave one long side open; on this side seam, sew Velcro or a zipper, or ribbons to be tied, or other method of closure, thereby making a big "sack".
Now take all the extra blankets, fold them to the dimensions of the table top, and place them in the fabric "sack". Fasten sack shut with bows, Velcro, etc., and place it on the coffee table.

You now have a cushioned bench for the foot of your bed, in front of a window, or anyplace you would like, and your blankets are out of the way until needed.

Source: Too many kids, not enough room, love of decorating.

By Dollyslaffn from Darien, GA

Great idea, and thanks for sharing. You could also make the same sack and use it on top of your cedar chest.

Love the idea! Thank you!

Do you have a picture? Would love to see it.

I'm sorry, I don't have a digital camera or scanner, so I can't. Would be happy to, if I could. But it looks just like the type of cushions you buy at Walmart for your dining chairs, which tie around the back of the chair. This doesn't attach to the table, unless you want it to, but it is the same principle.

I have one of these table/benches at my breakfast nook, and the granddaughter sits there a lot; she loves it! Plus, you could layer an old shower curtain or waterproof mattress pad on top of the blankets, close the sack, then when the kids get the sack dirty, throw it in the machine. The blankets are still clean and ready to use!

I love this! I have been struggling with where to put all my bedding. Now I have the answer. Thank you.

This sounds lovely but what I do with my blankets during the summer is I lay them flat between the mattress and box springs.

Woman Storing Bedding in Linen Closet
Storing Bedding
Crafts FurnitureSeptember 25, 2009
A bed in a bedroom.
Electric Blanket Error Codes
Making a Potting Bench
Making a Potting Bench
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
wooden garden bench with tulips
Choosing a Garden Bench
🎄