AdviceBeauty

Beauty Products for Someone With Allergies

I am living with food allergies and Celiac Disease and need help finding lotion and beauty products I can use!

I am allergic to SOY, CORN, TOMATOES, and GLUTEN. I'm completely taking them out of my diet, and not putting them on my skin. After I completely get rid of them, I am going to slowly see what forms of each allergen I can use. (i.e. I may be able to eat soy, but avoid soy protein.)

I have accepted the fact that I may need to make my own - and that they may cost more than what I am currently paying.

I need:

toothpaste
shampoo/conditioner
face cleaner
body wash
and face and body lotion

Thanks! Also, if you suffer from allergies and have ANY suggestions or help you can give me I would greatly appreciate it.

Jamie from Ohio

HI JAMIE-MY NAME IS SANDY-I WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST A WEB SITE-EARTHCLINIC.COM-IT GIVES ALL KINDS OF INFORMATION FOR ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS-IT TALKS ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF -APPLE CIDER VINEGAR-20 MULE TEAM BORAX-HYDROGEN PEROXIDE-BAKING SODA-TO HELP BALANCE THE -PH-IN YOUR SYSTEM-IT IS A WEALTH OF INFORMATION-HOPE THIS HELPS-SANDY

Hi, I don't know much about allergies but I have been making my own toothpaste for several years. It took a little getting used to because commercial is so sweet. Now my kids have a cow if they have to use "real" toothpaste.

I mix about 2 parts baking soda 1 part salt and then add peppermint oil. Mix . You could use cinnamon oil too. Hope this is helps you a little. Blessings to you as you find things to help you be healthy!

I am also allergic to a number of things. I use Dr. Bronner's Castile soap for bathing, and light extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil directly after (while still in the shower)for a full body moisturizer. I wash my face with baking soda and follow with olive oil or grapeseed oil. Epsom salts added to a bath are wonderful for your skin also. The website http://www.care2.com/greenliving is a great place for finding natural skin recipes. Watch out when using certain essential oils as some can be irritating, and cinnamon can also be a skin irritant. Good luck!

I used to make my own soap and it's not too hard, but you can find great products at health food and Whole Food type stores. Kiss My Face is made with olive oil, and they will have many products for you at these stores.

I ordered supplies from here before when making soap and beauty products. If you hunt around you can find ingredients at your grocery store (coconut oil in the ethnic food aisle is cheaper than the stuff sold at health food stores, for instance, and can go into lotions and soap):

http://fromnaturewithlove.com/

One batch of plain soap can be 6-12 pounds, and if you store it in a cool dry place, will last you a long time. Soap is made w/sodium hydroxide (lye), and a mix of vegetable oils. Get a good book at the library and read it before you decide to make it. It's lots of fun and several months worth of soap can be made in one afternoon.

Good luck!

For toothpaste, I would suggest Tom's of Maine. You can buy it in some online retail places and Walgreens. I buy mine at the local Big Lots for $2.50. Personally, I buy one of the kinds without fluoride in it, as fluoride has aluminum in it. Aluminum can cause or aggravate allergies in some people. Tom's of Maine does make toothpaste with fluoride in it if you prefer it. In addition, I would suggest reading the book Prescription for Nutritional Healing (written by Jamces F. Balch) for ideas on nutritional remedies for just about any kind of health problem. You may be able to find this book at a public library. Good luck.

Try certified organic products that can be ordered online at www.naturalbeautyorganic.com

Good luck

I like conti olive oil soap. I get it at drugstore.com cathy from ma

I also like vanicream soap, skin cream and lotion, and sunscreen. No fragrance, no dyes. Great stuff. Cathy from MA