Carrot Ginger Soup

• 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine (not spread)
  • 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
  • 6 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
  • 3 cups vegetable stock (I use Swanson)
  • Ad
  • 4 cups carrots, peeled and diced

Melt the butter in heavy Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and ginger and cook, stirring often, until onions are translucent (4 to 5 minutes). Add carrots and vegetable stock. Cover, lower heat, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes. Working in batches, puree the mixture in a blender until smooth. If the soup is too pasty, mix in splashes of extra vegetable broth until you achieve the consistency you prefer. If necessary, pour back into the pot to reheat over medium heat.

You may want to serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. Enjoy!!

By Connie from Oden, Arkansas

This makes me giggle! My sister made this for my visit this past Thanksgiving, she got the instructions that my Mom called from another room. My Mom said "some" ginger, somehow my sister heard the whole LOG! So it was very hot and spicy, we call it Ginger Log soup!

Food and Recipes Recipes Soups VegetableMarch 8, 2007
Making Ginger Beer
Making Ginger Beer
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Carrot Salad
Carrot Salad Recipes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Carrot Costume