Use a Memo Board for Unusual Grocery Items

I keep a small memo board on the side of my fridge to write down those things you run out of that are not normally on your grocery list. Kraut, capers, special spices, brown sugar, molasses, cranberry sauce, the sort of thing that if I run out, I may forget to replace because I don't use it too often. Then when I need it, I find out, I forgot to replace it.

For instance, you may only use kraut for Rubens but it is nice to know you do have the kraut when you crave one. About once a month I check the list and put the items on my normal grocery list.

By Eveh from Gulf Coast

I use a similar idea. I buy mini size legal pads and glue 2 pieces of magnets from a magnet roll on the back and stick it on the fridge. As I run out of items, I write it on the pad. When I'm ready to go shopping, I just tear the page and voila! - instant grocery list. When I use all the paper, I tear out the magnets and restick them to a new pad with rubber cement.

A woman looking at her shopping list.
Organizing Your Grocery List
Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingSeptember 11, 2009
Over the Door Ironing Board
Using an Over the Door Ironing Board
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
Bulletin Board
Making a Bulletin Board
🎉
🎄