Buy Gift Cards For Christmas With Every Paycheck

Every payday throughout the year I buy gift cards. I mix them between cards for stores that I know people I buy for buy from and Visa or AmEx gift cards. Some folks get the gift cards for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas/Related Holidays and for the ones that "have to have a gift", I use Visa/AmEx cards to purchase them.

It sure helps out a lot through the year, especially when you forget someone and need to scramble for a gift -- you don't have to scramble for money as well!

Source: Necessity

By Michael the Moe from Forestville, MD

Great idea, but be careful about expiration dates. Some stores have expiration dates for gift certificates/cards or start deducting a monthly charge from them after so many months.

In CA we do not have expirations for store gift cards (not yey anyways) but the bank cards such as Visa and Mastercard have an activation fee. Restaurant gift cards all always nice. I always give one to my best friend who is a single Mom and tight on money. It is one gift for the whole family.

I shop after the holiday and get cards at GREAT prices, at this time I don't have to buy any cards for YEARS, same with wrapping paper and decorations. The CVS Drug Store have the most off x-mas items. I purchased 3 stuffed Toy Soldiers for .75 cents apiece. Plcse them in the attic for the following Christmas and I'm set.

Christmas Gift Card
Giving Gift Cards for Christmas
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceAugust 10, 2008
Framed Business Card
Other Uses for Business Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
A woman filling out Christmas cards.
Saving Money on Christmas Cards