Mildew Smell In a Freezer

My freezer was left open by mistake, now I have a mold/mildew odor and I've tried everything to remove the odor but its still there. I've even left it open for a couple weeks after cleaning, but as soon as I turn it back on the odor returns. Any suggestions?

Missy from Wichita Kansas

First clean fridge well & put some dry coffee grinds in an open container & close door. Leave for a long time & odor will be absorbed by coffee.

is there a tray underneath where the drain comes out? you may need to wash that. or the drain itself may have molded. depends on how old a model you have. older models with a drain you can see in the bottom can be cleaned just by pouring some bleach water in the bottom of the freezer and letting it clean out the tube as it drains to the tray.

you can also leave a bag of charcoal not the match light kind with lighter fluid in it) open in the bottom to absorb odors.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesOctober 15, 2006
Guy holding his nose because of bad odors.
Getting Rid of Mildew Odors in a House
Mildew Smell in Car
Getting Rid of Mildew Smell in a Car
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
🎄