Fund Raising Ideas for Spay/Neuter Services

I am the president of a non profit organization working with animals. We are trying to raise money to spay/neuter the animals that are caught on our base. At the moment, they are trapped and dumped in the city, some as young as eight weeks old. Can you share your ideas for fund raising? We live in Turkey and don't have access to the myriad of items found elsewhere. We are allowed 2 fund raisers per quarter, so we have to make the most of it. I really love this website for the terrific folks and their wonderful ideas. Bless you all.

Sharon from Incirlik, Turkey

I'm not familiar with living conditions in Turkey, but can you have bake sales? Would a city or town sports team or arts center sponsor a night where all the funds are donated to your cause? Can you have yard sales (where you sell things that you don't want anymore in your yard or garage)? Could you get businesses to donate items so that you can have a (silent) auction - people write their bid on a sheet of paper in front of the item for sale. Can you sell crafts that you make? Can you have a "trivia" night where you charge so much per person (and have small gifts for the winners)? Karaoke night? Anything you yourself might spend money one, somebody else would too. Just try to get as many things donated as possible - have members call on businesses for donated items.

Thank you Noella for your ideas. We are not allowed to solicit for donations but the silent auction might just work. We are hoping to have a haunted house for Halloween, if it is approved by the commander. Thank you for your terrific ideas! Peace, Sharon

I have a sale every year-I have donations from MANY people of things they no longer want and I use the money for spay neuter. Also, I bake dog cookies with senior citizens-it gives them something to do, and we sell them to raise money. I wonder if you could get veterinarians to come there once or twice a year and do spay neuter for free?

I am in a suburb of a large city. At a local Tex-Mex, they have a monthly "Yappy Hour". Pets and owners both come for dinner, drinks, hour-dours. They have patio seating as well. We are in Florida, so the weather is perfect. The restaurant donates a percentage to the local rescue group here. It started about six months ago, and is doing great. Good luck and thanks for the great work!

Thanks Laura, that is a great idea. We could try that at a restaurant in the village. I really appreciate your post! Sharon

Better Living Charity FundraisingSeptember 26, 2007
A family at an animal shelter.
Services Offered at Animal Shelters
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
dog wearing a cone
Low Cost Spay and Neuter Clinics
Dog at Vet
Spaying or Neutering Your Pets
🎄