Dog Vomits Everything But Liquids

PLEASE READ! DOG IN NEED!

I have a Siberian Husky who is a little over a year old. She was hit by a car almost a month ago, I took her to the vet, she had two major surgeries. Her stomach can only hold liquids, and she vomits everything else, and she is very skinny and still losing weight. The vet and I are trying several things, but I am afraid for her. Is there anything I can give her to help? Please reply if you have ANY ideas! Thank you!

Shayne from Sandy, UT

Have the vet do bloodwork to ensure there is not an infection taking over. Also check her electrolytes.

Keep her fluids up. Do the broth routine with water as well.

I went thru a similiar situation after surgery 3 years ago . If it was not for continious IV fluids, I would've died.

Sorry to hear about your poor baby.

Hopefully your vet can fix this or consider seeing another vet.

There is a product you can get from the vet. It's in a tube, has lots of great nutrition and apparently tastes yummy for dogs.

It's very rich and expensive and he cant live on it but it might at least give him some strength to heal what he needs to heal.

Does anyone else know the product I am speaking of? People often use it for dogs that are sick and dont feellike eating.

Best of luck and love to you both.

try fast track from conklin it is probiotic and will help her stomach and has other forms that will help your poor baby. email me for info if you would like.

mitchells 96 @ hotmail. com

I would ask the vet to be in touch with the nearest vet college, they are the top of the industry. Hope she's doing better today!

The vet college is good but if you don't have one FIND ANOTHER VET!! This person is incompetent!!

Go out and get a couple cans of Iams canned puppy food...and a box of Gerber baby RICE cereal. Don't get the oatmeal or mixed..it needs to be the rice cereal. Use about 1/3 of the can of the puppy food and mix in 1/2 cup of rice cereal. It's bland, but has tons of carbs. Using hot water, mix it until its thin enough that she won't throw it up. She should be able to keep it down. Feed her this at least 6 times a day. Some dogs have a very sensitive stomach after a trauma. If she can keep this down, she will be able to eat regularly again later on. Give her time to adjust, but keep the meals small and frequent. Good luck!

If this vet has no answers get one that does without haste and never go to him again!

get another vet first. how about gatoraide. ally will drink anything if she sees me drink it. or chicken broth.

I feel very bad for your dog. I had a little beagle that started vomiting ALOT and was in the hospital for awhile. They tried all kinds of stomach meds and finally gave him CENTRINE. It calmed his stomach and stopped the vomiting. I hope this helps and I hope your little fur baby gets better. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

How about a drink of ENSURE it comes in

vanilla, strawberry and choc. flavor and it has

a lot of nutrients. I give this to my mom daily

at least one bottle and she feels better as

she does not always eat a lot of food.

Ask vet if it is ok for doggie to have it.

I wish your dog well. Let us know, prayers for

doggie and you.

you can actually try to cook potato mixed with carrot and chicken. made it into porridge (rice) and let him drink the broth. it is very nutrition. it doesnt matter if he doesnt eat the chicken. Nutrients from the potato, carrot and chicken has gone into the broth. do it everyday and i hope your pet would love the taste. normally i would let it boil on low fire until the carrot, potato and chicken are soft.

Science Diet sells a canned food that is used for both dog and cats,its called AD. It can be liquidfied and put into a IV tube if nessacary. They use it to feed animals that are recovering from tramua or surgery. See if your Vet can find this for you. I agree with everyone else. find another vet and get your pets medical records, Good luck.I lost my yukon 2 years ago due to posion.Huskys Rule!

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby! My inlaws' dog had a bad reaction from knee surgery and can now only have liquids. Theirs is a lifelong thing - I sicerely hope yours is not. They have to put all of his food in a blender. It consists of the AD food previously mentioned along with rice, boiled chicken, and water.

I believe the high calorie stuff in a tube previously mentioned is called NutriCal or VitaCal or something like that. I had to give it my cat when she had lost more than half her body wieght from an overactive thyroid. We got it from the vet, but I did see it in the Dr. Foster's catalog a few years ago. "It's kind of sweet, high in calories, and they love the taste. Good luck!

I agree with the folks who say find another vet. Not that your vet is bad, but another vet may have different training and experiences and be better able to figure out what's going on in this particular case. Since she's not eating and losing weight, I would go promptly to another vet or pet ER. In the meantime, be sure she his getting plenty of water.

Pets HealthJuly 9, 2007
An aerial photo of Disneyland.
Saving Money on a Disney Vacation
Golden retriever puppy not feeling well.
Caring for a Dog After it Vomits
Freezing Liquids
Freezing Liquids
gift box
Gift Ideas for Someone That Has Everything
🎄