Using Old Sports Equipment for Decorating

Looking for ways to recycle sports equipment. We're planning to convert our garage into a game room. Recycling old sports equipment into another item is the way we would like to do this. Any ideas for fishing, billiard, tennis, baseball, football, and golf equipment. Thanks!

cre8tvm9s from New England

Vintage equipment is decorative. The older the better.When I was living at the beach, I decorated the wall of our patio with a an old oar I had found, and a marine barometer with other "marine things" - like a plaster whale.

The trouble with various kinds of equipment, is that the theme can be lost. Could you group the equipment in various scenes? Organize by color? You have to do something, or it will be a mishmash. Old rackets are decorative on a wall - you could group them together - and put an old croquet set up against the wall in a corner...I would recommend using colors blending with the equipment (dark green/putty/maroon) and/or using primary colors...Foot balls can be mounted, as pro trophies are - perhaps you could set up the whole thing as a trophy room and mix the equipment with the many trophies eveyone has nowadays....maybe putting them up on a little high shelf aound the edge of the room....

When I was in high school we did a sort of mural using sport equipment. We painted all of them white and hung them to a wall, it look very artsy. lol

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AdviceOctober 15, 2007
Organized Dumbells
Organizing Fitness Equipment
Sports Jerseys
Making a Sports Jersey Quilt
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School
soccer ball sculpture
Decorating a Bedroom With a Sports Theme
🎄
🍂