"Clipping Service"

One old-fashioned and frugal way to keep in touch with relatives and friends is to act as a "clipping service" for them and send on newspaper articles, etc. they will find of interest. (I also did that for a non-profit organization I volunteered for.) You would be surprised how useful that can be! (Folks still pay for that service, you know.)

By Pam from L.A., CA

What a wonderful idea for my mom in the nursing home who still reads! Although I don't take the paper for lack of funds, I can copy/clip articles from the discarded newspapers at the local postoffice bins near the personal boxes for her when I am there to get unwanted newspapers for my pets. I forget that although I cannot afford much, I can make use of what others don't in most EVERY area, this being one problem I'd sort of neglected because it's a bit depressing to see her so down, her having been so far UP just prior to unexpected events/accidents. God bless you for the suggestion. : )

I have a great aunt who clips things from the papers to pass on to relatives. She used to do this very often, but has slacked off a bit... now that she is 101 years old! But every now and again she will send a little something, and it is wonderful to know that you have been thought of and that time was taken to make you smile.

Better Living FamilyOctober 5, 2006
🎉
🎄