Cutting Family Personal Care Expenses
- Use a mixture of baking soda and salt for brushing teeth.
- Buy personal care items from discount stores.
- Buy necessary items such as shampoo and toothpaste at reduced prices when stores offer "specials".
- Compare generic, store and national brands you may be paying for advertising.
- Give haircuts and permanents at home. Adopt hair styles you can manage yourself.
- Try inexpensive cosmetics. Similar ingredients are used in like cosmetic products. The difference in price is often due to promotion or advertising.
About The Author: By Kathy Prochaska-Cue, Extension Family Economics and Management Specialist
Source: http://ianrpubs … homemgt/nf25.htm
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!