More Stocking Stuffer Ideas

Post your favorite stocking stuffer ideas.

Batteries make great stocking stuffers!

By this time of year September's school supplies are running down. Fill stockings with supplies like pens, pencils and glue sticks.

By Linda

Here is my favorite ideas for stocking stuffers I always put in a orange. This keeps my young grandsons happy until I can make breakfast. For my girls I always try to find nice fuzzy slipper socks so they can put something warm on their feet first thing. My guys I usually fill their stockings with small items such as a little travel bottle of cologne and other men's travel items. Every one gets a new toothbrush and I also give my daughter's new journals every year. My oldest Daughter loves to read so I try to stick a small book in her stocking with a new bookmark. There are so many ways to make bookmarks that I can give her a new one each year with out having to make the same thing twice. If I send a stocking to a grownup far away I always put some cards and envelopes with personalized address labels made on my compuiter. Hope this gives you some ideas

well, I am a 27 yr old married woman and these are some things that are usually in my stocking that I always appreciate;

nail polish

nail files

bath stuff (new loofah and pouf, bath gel, bubble bath etc.)

candles

ditto on the fuzzy socks!

little box of chocolate

different vareities of tea or hot chocolate

paperback novel

hope that gets ya going!

panties are great

candy

candles

picture frames

socks

movies

phone cover

pens

journal

make up

jewlery

Things I love to get in my stockings:

more fuzzy sox

lip gloss

perfume

bath salts

scented bath beads

body lotion

certificate for a massage or facial

dvd's

i could do with a new pair of Black Tights..!!! ok mum..?

I like to go to the dollar stores to find stocking stuffers. It's amazing what you can find for just $1.00

Well every year since I was about 13 I would get:

-Orange Chocolate

-Dvd

-gift certificate for a manicure

-journal with a pen

-disposable camera

-a rain check book

the rain check book was probably my favourite because my mum would make then herself and give them to my brother and sister and myself and they would say like "15 minute massage" or "free bedroom cleaning" or as we got older "borrow the car for a night" just fun things like that I really enjoyed so maybe your kids will too and here's another idea, when I was pregnant my mum and my aunts would make little booties and knit up little jackets or face cloths for my daughter I loved them!

Here is a great idea. It really wouldnt fit well in a stocking, as it is very long in height, but I paint stars on ceilings for folks that live close by (I also can paint them on poster board). Just look outside and lok up at the sky, thats what the ceiling will lok like, even on a poster board when I get through. It will be the size of a skylight you would purchase, shipped in a cyclinder, but not "mega costly, for the person who has everything already, and the frugal shopper.

When I was a child (eons ago!) my dad would bring home a box of oranges and we'd get a few in our stocking. For a kid born in the "prosperous 50's" this seemed downright stupid! Then my mother explained that when my dad was a child in the depression he would get a single orange for his entire Christmas,,,on a GOOD year. Sort of puts it all into perspevtive, doesn't it? My children ALWAYS get an orange in their stocking and as I put it in I say, "This is for you, Daddy."

i go to the dollar store heres the stuff my daughter gets

lip gloss

bath stuff\body spray

those washcloths that are balls you put into water they open up

christmas pen\

journal books

stickers

some of their jewelry is actually nice(beaded) bracelet /necklace

that flarp gooey stuff kids like

hair stuff(this is great there)

mini brush mini mirror

those bath tub tabs that color water

bath foam

i always have luck there

i usually take 2o bucks and go to town

boys are a lil harder to do there

the different color teddy bears are great as a gift just dress them up and for someone ya need to get a lil extra it is cute and thrifty

I need help getting my dad's stocking stuffed I have 3 sisters and a mom and we all have a hard time buying for him what should I do?

I always do a toothbrush, too (didn't see that noted yet). Merry Christmas!

I'm one of THOSE "coupon clippers".... My family and extended family never get tired of shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc. Last year I was able to assemble a basket of gourmet items (valued from $4 - $10 dollars originally) for my future sister-in-law with spices, seasonings and sauces that were being discontinued at my local grocery store. Note: NOT expired, just making rrom on their shelves for new lines of products. The store had them reduced to 4/$1.00. Some of the items were originally over $6.00 each. The basket was 25 cents at a tag sale and I was able to fill it for $3.00, not the nearly $60.00 it would have cost me had I paid full price!

Well these are some ideas I have gathered for men/my husbad:

cd/dvd repair kit

gum/mints

shaving kit

grooming supplies(deodorant, cologne, bodywash)

cellphone accessories

Ipod, MP3 or MP4

car fresheners

keychains

wallet

lottery scratch tickets

tylenol or other pain reliever

magazine for men (car, sports, workout)

humorous desktop calendar

gas card

money clip

massage gift certificate

fishing license

a little pouch of coins for a car wash

watch or new wedding ring

A small $1 photo album filled with pictures of yourself and kids at your nicest looking, silliest or from a special event or time spent with him.

A book of homemade coupons for a car detail, a night out with the guys, a night at with you, a favorite dish/dessert made for him, catering to his needs for one whole day, doing his chores, "naughty" coupons, massage, car wash anything- be creative!

My children: Ages 10,6,5 (all boys) and 1 (girl)

For the boys anything like:

coloring books (rolled up)

crayons, tape, glue, mini stapler

small building sets- lego, K'Nex

fake bugs and reptiles

playdoh

slime/flarp

hair styling stuff for spikes

not big on candy but they really like gum

books

flashcards (alphabet, multiplication etc)

card games or electronic handheld

hotwheels cars

yoyo

balls

musical instruments (have found a recorder/flute, harmonica, and tamborine at the $1 store)

movies

mini radio

watches

rubber/plastic dinosaurs or army men playsets

hot cocoa and other treats we don't get often

game console accesories: paddles, games, batteries

flashlights(definitely shake up)

pajamas

bubble bath

create an e-mail address for them to have and write their friends with- thats great spelling and punctuation practice.

Cookbooks for kids

craft supplies and ideas

for babies or girls:

bibs

rattles

clothes

babydolls

toothbrush

blocks

board or cloth books

small brush

hair things: bows, headbands

lotion

baby wash

shampoo

sippy cups/bottles

gas drops, infant tylenol or motrin

musical cd

balls

key ring

purse

ring stacker

toy cellphone

new washcloths

socks/shoes/booties

jewelry box (can be homemade)

jewelry (can also be homemade with beads)

The stockings are our favorite because those are specially ours and ours alone. We get a couple gifts each after that, but because we always use evryones stuff and share it all anyway we normally have family gifts: a box of books, movies, playdoh or craft supplies ETC..

My grandsons LOVE to receive a gold dollar coin in their stockings.

During this time of year i will go to the mall and ask for samples of perfume/cologne. They will give you the little sample bottles that are perfect to stuff stockings with.

I always got a tree ornament with the year on it. And when we were younger it was an engravable one with year and our name as there was three of us girls. I still love the idea to this day, and when I moved out on my own, I had a little collection for my own tree, with the memories behind them.

Stockings hung by a Fire
Stocking Stuffer Ideas
Christmas Stocking Hanging Tips
Christmas Stocking Hanging Tips
A hole in a pair of pantyhose.
Fixing a Run in Your Stockings
Making a Christmas Stocking
Making a Christmas Stocking
Crocheting a Stocking
Crocheting a Stocking
🎉
🎄