Panini Recipes

My panini's are singularly unimpressive. Any suggestions? I have a 1200 watt panini maker and have decided to use the bacon press in a frying pan as the former takes a long time to cook. No improvement in taste. Is the whole secret drenching the bread in butter?

Holly from Richardon, TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have a Panini grill and love making sandwiches w/ it. I use all different kinds of deli meats and like to use red onions, very thinly sliced, and sliced banana peppers. I use a hearty bread but I have never put any butter on mine. My current favorite is as follows:

Hearty Rye bread, spread on Mayo, hearty mustard, Turkey Pastrami, Smoked Ham, and Turkey, w/ Monterey Cheese and red onions, and Banana peppers. A few sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil are always a nice touch too. Happy grilling.

OOH! That sounds yummy!

Do you oil the exterior of the grill?

Holly

Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches AdviceAugust 23, 2006
Vanilla Ice Cream With Mint on Top
Recipes Using Mint
Raspberry Bar Cookies
Bar Cookie Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:32:38 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.