Honey Bun (Great Dane Mix)

Honey Bun is approximately 4 months old. She is maybe a Great Dane mix. She was left behind by a family that moved, I saw the neighborhood kids with her and asked them where she came from. Their parents wouldn't let them keep her, so I said I would find her a home.

Unfortunately, she became sick the next day and I took her to the vet. She had Parvo. I brought her home and nursed her for 4 days, then I put her in the hospital for three days. She has been home for 2 weeks and she seems fine. I got her July 1, 2009. I was going to find her a home but I think she's already there.

She loves to play tag with my two older dogs. She is just learning to fetch a ball. My Shepherd mix is teaching her. I am just so blessed to have her. She is the sweetest little dog.

By Ceherrera60 from Long Beach, Ca

Also, on this same note, as you can see, she seems to be a Fox Hound, Beagle, Coon Hound Mix. She went to the vet and she said that Gracie would fill out but it would take time. I have been making special cookies for her out of hamburger meat, total cereal and karo syrup and pediatlyte, the homemade version and other fattening things that wont hurt her to have her gain weight and she gets about three or four cookies per day. She wont gain weight on regular kibble, since they will eat only enough to barely stay alive when they are starved like this. We are very proud of her.

Robyn

What a precious and wonderful story, one that happens to us all the time...Grace came to us in the back of a concerned neighbor;s car. She was all hunkered in the back when we opened up the hatchback. She looked terrified. I had to hook the leash on her and literally had to pull gently but firmly until she was all the way out of the car.

She was nothing but skin with bones protruding. We took her and told the person that if she was sick or too hurt she would probably be euthanized. We did a quick once over and found a stick in the top of her mouth wedged so far up on the roof of her mouth crossways likee a toothpick. My husband jerked it out. After that she began to eat and gain weight. YAAAAA!

It is more than likely that she has found her home. We have so many little souls here but she has had such a hard life, I don't think I can let her go anywhere else. She has finally come home.

Racer

Thank God for wonderful people like you and Robyn. These little ones need us just like children. We also have a rescue dog (along with a litlte Yorkie mix) and we love them both so much.

What a sweet face! I will never understand why people will get a cat, or a dog and then not be responsible for their care. If you can't take care of the poor creature, please don't let it fend on it's own. Bring the animal to a shelter, only as a last resort. Try finding a good home. Also be sure to tell the person taking the pet if things don't work out to give you a call so you can take the animal back. Please spay and neuter your pets. The cat and dog populations are out of control. These unwanted, unloved, homeless creatures live a life of misery and suffering. God bless all of you who take that extra step to care for an innocent animal.

Striped Sock
Using A Sock as a Volumizing Hair Bun
Photo of a hamburger with a homemade bun.
Homemade Hamburger Bun Recipes
Great Dane
Great Dane Breed Information and Photos
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
🎄
🍂