Send Mail To Your Grandchildren

Each week I send my 4 year old twin granddaughters some mail. I use large colorful envelopes that I pick up at thrift sales or have leftover from greeting cards, pre-address and stamp them. I put stickers and tattoos and character band aids. I print out free coloring pages from the web, last week I sent them each an old, unused check register. I found some colorful address labels with puppies and kittens and butterflies that had my old address, so I cut off the address part and saved the cute picture part. I just pop a few of these items into the envelopes, with a note, and they are all set to drop in the mail each week. The girls really look forward to their own special mail from Gramma.

By sadiejoy from Amery, WI

Thanks for this great idea

You're a good grandmother. The girls I'm sure race to the mailbox each week looking for "their" mail. This will be something that they will be telling their children about.

My mother does the same thing for my 3 year old and she loves it! Even at her young age she yells "I got mail from granny!". She really likes getting any extra/left over picstures of family members she knows. She enjoys carrying them around or putting them in her purse.

wish someone would do that for my kids!

Better Living FamilyFebruary 12, 2007
Pile of Junk Mail
Disposing of Junk Mail
Mailbox overflowing with junk mail.
Reducing Junk Mail
Getting Coupons in the Mail
Getting Coupons in the Mail