Uses for Celery Leaves

When buying celery I always try to get the bunch with the most leaves. The more the better, they don't add much to the weight if you are buying by the pound, and they ensure that the celery is freshest.

When I get home I cut off the leafy bits, wash them, and spread on a cookie sheet to freeze. When they are frozen I pop them into a baggie and keep in my freezer for a quick addition to soups and stews. Much cheaper than buying freeze dried celery flakes. And no additives!

By Molly from NJ

Molly, that's a great idea, I've been doing that for years. I can't tell you how many times I forgot to buy celery for my soup I was making-then remembered the frozen leaves and stems, you can't tell any difference right.-joanie

I buy celery in pots or hose 6 packs. Plant them anywhere there is sun. The celery itself doesn't always taste good, but the leaves make great stuff to freeze or dry. I dry the leaves, grind them up & freeze them. I do this with parsley, oregano, sweet basil & many others. I very rarely buy store bottles of these spices. It's also a good way to get your own herbs for putting in capsules. I do this as I have many health issues. It saves a lot of money, & you know what went into the plant, so you don't get pesticides & stuff.

BTW, the celery, when it goes to seed, plants many little celery plants each years. You will never have to buy them again. I just take the little plants & put them where I want them to grow. The rest I have I recycle, as there are always so many coming up.

Uses for Celery Leaves
Uses for Celery Leaves
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsNovember 4, 2010
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
Limp Celery
Reviving Limp Celery
Celery new growth
Growing Celery
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves