Remedies for Hammer Toes

Any suggestions for what to use for very painful hammer toe?

By Marie from NJ

Surgery is the sure fix. ALso, knowing when your shoes are not a correct fit. Often vanity for certain styles will come back to bite you.

My mother had a hammer toe. She had to have it fixed surgically. And you need to get shoes that fit properly. Consult a podiatrist and also a knowledgeable person in a high quality shoe store; often a store that sells brands such as Birkenstocks will have someone on staff who knows about feet.

July 6, 2010 Flag

The bottoms of my feet and my toes are killing me. I looked this up on the net and it appears that I have hammer toes. What kind of shoes will give me relief and what can I do at night to ease this pain?

Joanne from Fond du Lac, WI

Remedies for Hammer Toes

Sorry to hear you are having this, I had it too, and I know how it can feel. At first I didn't know what was wrong, so I bought those pads with gel, in the foot area, where you find Dr. Scholl's stuff. I put them between my toes. That did bring some relief, but it continued to bother me. I finally broke down and went to the foot doctor. He said it was hammertoes, and I had surgery for the problem. It did correct it. I hope you have insurance and can go to see what can be done.

Good luck.

Leann (05/26/2006)

By jwrh626

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 6, 2010
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
hole in sock exposing big toe nail with smiley face
Treating A Damaged Toenail
removing a nail
Removing a Nail That Has Lost Its Head
adhesive bandages
Bandaging Between Toes