Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet

Category Plumbing
It is very frustrating when you are cleaning your toilet and the brush head becomes stuck in the toilet. This is a guide about the toilet brush head stuck in toilet.

A toilet cleaning brush was pushed down deep in the toilet to push the water down, and the handle broke and the brush is stuck all the way down in the toilet, how do I get the brush out and unclog the toilet?

By Robert from LI

Personally I would call a plummer. If you don't want to do that, get a set of huge pliers and get hold of it and pull it out.

I think you need to call a plumber.

Try needle nose pliers.

We got a plastic toilet paper holder stuck in our toilet when it was accidentally flushed, it got stuck crossways and couldn't be reached from either end. We called a plumber thinking we'd probably have to get a new toilet all because of that stupid plastic holder.

Well, this plumber took the toilet out onto our lawn, and using a welding torch (can't remember which end of the toilet he used it on, sorry), was able to melt that holder enough that it changed shape and fell out of the toilet. (And since the toilet is porcelain, the heat from that torch didn't hurt it any; only some slight scorch marks which cleaned right up.) Good luck!

Anonymous

Just wanted to say. I have today had the exact same problem. After putting hand down the toilet with some bleach down, I have wiggled and maneuvered the brush head I got it to the end of the bend n when I couldnt move it any further, I poured hot water from the tap n left it it a while n got a pair of pliers n pulled like mad n sure enough it came out. Try it n if it works for people. Great.. Wot a challenge.

How do I get the brush out

Ok so my toilet brush was stuck in my toilet and I was freaking out. I pulled and pulled as hard as i could and i ended up breaking the handle by accident which actually helped me. It was alot easier to get just the brush out so I took a hold of that and yanked it out! Its broken but it's better than a broken toilet.

Anonymous

How do I fix a toilet brush stuck in the toilet

I have had a plumber come out and taken the toilet off the floor. Several people have tried to get it out. The toilet base has several bends in it which makes it more difficult. Can anyone help as it seems I will have to get a new toilet? That will be a problem with the tiles on the floor and the wall.

By Pam

We had the same thing happen. Removed the toilet and tried for several days to get the broken piece of the brush out to no avail. Had to purchase and install a new toilet.

Did you try a snake?

The toilet brush stuck in the toilet and I tried to take it out, but couldn't reach. Any way I can take it out by myself, from the toilet bowl, without a plumber?

By DL

Have you tried grabbing it with a long handled pair of pliers? Is it too far to use something like that to grab it?

I have the sponge end of a toilet bowl cleaner brush stuck in my toilet. How can I unclog my toilet?

Vanessa from Montreal, Canada

Answers:

Toilet Bowl Cleaner Brush Stuck in Toilet

You might have to call in a professional plumber to take care of the problem. (01/09/2008)

By MCW

What about trying a pair of tongs to get the sponge out? Or bend a small hook on the end of a wire coat hanger and try to grab the edge of the head of the sponge? (01/09/2008)

They is a "gadget" you can buy at the home improvement stores that's inexpensive. I visited my daughter once when her toilet was stopped up and she could not afford a plumber. I pulled out a toy in a matter of minutes. Everyone with kids should have one of these things. They save a lot of plumber bills. (01/10/2008)

Just stick your hand down the toilet and your problems are all solved! Your welcome. (01/11/2008)

By Your Toilet Engineer

Just to clarify the brush thing is "not" visible and I have tried to reach it with a toilet "auger", coat hanger wire, and my hand. I think I'm going to take the toilet off and try to reach it. (01/12/2008)

Did you try a plunger? Pour a bucket of water in the toilet bowl, push the plunger just until you have suction, and then pull back hard to loosen the sponge. I wish you luck. (01/13/2008)

By Jantoo

I managed to pushed it down using a coat hanger and now toilet can be flushed as before but I'm worried it is stuck between toilet and exit of sewage pipe?