Painting Trim Around Brown Windows

The previous owner put in all brand new windows right before we bought our house, which is great, but she chose brown trimmed windows, with brown grids and they sit in a brown window trim.

I would rather them be white and am thinking about painting the trim around the windows white, but would it look dumb with the windows and the grids still being brown? Should I just leave it alone? I don't know what to do!

By Jenn

You could paint everything concerning the windows white, but what color is the house itself? I prefer contrast trim on houses.

Be very careful painting! What kind of finish/material are the frames and grids? Paint could make a real mess if it doesn't adhere properly. I would leave it alone and figure out how to make them fit in with the total look of the exterior of your new home.

Perhaps you could try cream or mocha as a trim, it really depends on what shade of brown you've got as well.

A man painting his house.
Painting the Exterior of Your House
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJuly 8, 2011
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
old car
Painting Vinyl Car Trim
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 7:22:50 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.