Storing Christmas Ornaments and Decorations

Do you have several "stray" ornaments that you want to store safely but don't want to spend a lot of money on storage units? Use a box that you may have around that house that had drinking glasses in it. As you can see in the photo, they hold the ornaments nicely.

I bought a set of glasses several months before Christmas and kept it in case it could be reused. As I was putting ornaments away, I needed a box for something else when I remembered this one. I opened it up and low and behold! Ornament sections! The lower level of the box holds the taller ornaments (or double up the smaller ones) and the top shelf is great for the round smaller ones.

By Michele from Marysville, OH

You can also get wine or liquor boxes from places that sell these products. They also make good storage boxes and they are very strong and will not crush your ornaments.

I bought several rubbermaid 3 drawer shelf unit; using zip-loc bags and tissue paper; I wrapped and sorted my Christmas ornaments according to description of the ornaments; the Christmas angel ornaments are grouped together in one drawer; Christmas ball ornaments are packed together in a drawer and the other ornaments packed according to their description. This method avoids confusion in find ornaments.

The Christmas Tree topper is stored in its original container and stored on top of the 3 drawer shelf along with other Christmas items. The zip-loc bags are labeled "Angel", "nutcracker ornaments", "nativity scene" ornaments, etc. Some of the ornaments that will not fit in the 3 drawer units are stored in large Christmas tins and packed in the same manner.

During decorating the Christmas tree, I store the zip loc bags that are emptied of their ornaments in a large zip-loc bag and it is stored in the 3 drawer unit for convenience in the "undecorating" process.

Glass Christmas Ornaments in a Box
Storing Christmas Ornaments
Holidays and Parties Christmas OrganizationJanuary 9, 2011
Pretzel Christmas Ornament
Making a Pretzel Christmas Ornament
Crocheted Christmas Card Ornaments
Crocheted Christmas Ornaments
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Fabric Can Lid Ornaments Finished
Tin Can Christmas Ornaments
🎉
🎄