Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice

Use an old set of car floor mats to cover your car's windshield in the evening and you won't have any ice to scrape in the morning. Carpet remnants also work.

Sounds great to me!

Thanks for sharing...

~Wendola~

I found and purchased a "cool" (no pun intended) product called a FrostShield. Just place it on your windshield at night and in the morning when you take it off you will not have to scrape frost off of the windshield. I found it on the net at frostshield.com.

I just read the the tip by Betty about keeping frost and ice off your wind shields. I thought it was great. I live in Mo. moved here 3 yrs ago from La. I hate freezing to death trying to scrape my windshields. I will go to the $ store today and buy two flannel backed table cloths for my car. I leave for work at 1:30 to 3:00 in the morning who wants to scrape ice that early in the morning. Thanks again Betty.

How do you keep the windshield covers from blowing off during a storm?

Oh, wow! I've always got a couple old flannel/plastic tablecloths kicking around. As you say, we keep 'em "just cuz" and now I know (one reason) why! Gonna hunt 'em up and toss 'em in the car. Always trying to figure out some way to ease the snow-off-the-car burden, and this is great. One of those "why didn't I think of that" moments! Got some time before our snow hits, but when it does I'll be ready! Thanks so much, Betty!

I've also used cardboard held down with the windshield wipers. But I'm looking forward to using the vinegar! On all the windows!

Do you spray inside or outside windows of the vehicle?

I use a flannel backed table cloth so no scratches on the paint. I also use a length of webbing (strap) across the cloth so I can close the doors on each end. I try to tuck part of the cloth under the wipers. Works good unless real windy.

Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Consumer Advice Cars Winter DrivingOctober 2, 2006
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
🎉
🎄