Dishwasher Leaves Food Particles on Top Rack

My dishwasher leaves little pieces of residue, mostly on my cups and glasses on the top rack. Can anyone help with this?

By gmapuggy from Port Jefferson Station, NY

I had the same problem. A friend told me to switch to cascade and use jet dry. I did and it worked. I was using the liqiud stuff cause thought it would do better in our water. After changing to the powder or the little pack things, I haven't had a problem. I was about to take mine to the landfill. She's still working and this Aug she will be 21 years old. My fridge will be 29 years old in Oct. Get this, My washer and dryer were bought in 1974. Sure wish had this kind of luck with my cars. Oh I forgot, my freezer was bought in 1972.

You also need to check and make sure that your drainage outlet is working properly, and see if the screen over it does not need to be cleaned off. Check your owner's manual to see how to do this.

Your screen in the bottom of the dishwasher is clogged with food particles. Clean it, and rinse your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher should solve your problem.

Mine was doing this when a repairman happened to be fixing my washing machine, He gave me some free advise and it worked. Run a bowl of vinegar on the bottom shelf through a whole cycle in an empty dishwasher. It dissolves the calcium deposits that were blocking it. My friend used a product she bought at Walmart, a dishwasher cleaner called Dishwasher Magic. I bought some and it is sitting here, to try next time.

You might have hard water. Rinse aid is the key, and the other option might be a water softener. Most companies test water for free.

My question is not really about the dishwasher, I would really like to know which brands of white goods Forbes has and can we get them in the UK?

Had the dishwasher repair guy here a few days ago.

He told me my DH could do what he did.

1. remove both racks

2. start unscrewing all the stuff on the bottom until you come to a screen

3. empty the junk on the screen and see if there is a clogged tube

4. from now on, scrape and rinse all dishes.

This cleared the problem - but it took another 3 washes for 100% improvement. Had the washer not been under warranty, this repair would have cost $150 from Sears.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJuly 9, 2009
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
Dishwasher
Cleaning the Filter Screen in a Dishwasher
🎉
🎄