Replacement Rubber Arm For Office Chair

Does anyone know where one can buy the rubber office chair arms that cover the ends? I bought two office chairs for our computers several years ago and forgot where. No Brand Name on them! The rubber arm covers are cracking and breaking. I have glued them, but that is no longer sufficient. Where can one get these rubber arm covers? Any web links would be appreciated. I am toying with the idea of making wood replacement covers to screw onto the arms.

By DoctorBill from Fairfield, WA

How formal is the office? I have had luck with glueing tapestry placements onto chair arms to cover worn spots. Maybe that would work in your case, too.

I use seat belt covers on my chairs. The ones you use in the car so they do not rub on your neck.

Not only do they cover very well, but they are also very comfortable on the elbows, but they come in a wide range of colours and designs so matching them isn't a hassle!

My "Office Chairs" are in my basement computer/hobby room - no formality whatsoever!

The rubber arms are cracking and breaking up.

I found a place that wants $45 for one chair's arms and that includes shipping... The darned chairs cost $60 to begin with!

Looks like I'll be making wood arms to screw on in place of the rubber ones....

... or type "office chair replacement parts" into a Yahoo search and pick one of the many other sites.

If you need chair arm pads, chair armrests or armrest covers, try:

Office Chair
Repairing an Office Chair
Home and Garden Repair Furniture ChairsOctober 29, 2007
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair