Material Inside a Potato Pouch

What is the material used inside a potato pouch?

Ann from Defiance, OH

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Ann, I am not sure all potato pouch's are alike but I have made a few and I have used the "Warm and Natural" batting that is used in quilts. Any good fabric store will carry it.

What on earth is a potato pouch??

I'm with Annie, I've never heard of a Potato Pouch but I sure am ready to find out what one is. Elaine gave a clue but not the whole answer. Hope to find out soon. Thanks.

A potato pouch is a microwave cooking pouch for a potato.

"Cut two 9-inch squares of 100% cotton broadcloth (for the outside of the pouch) and two 9-inch squares of 100% cotton flannel (for the lining). Sew squares together on three sides, leaving one side open. This pouch absorbs moisture when the potato is cooking in the microwave and prevents the potato skin from shriveling.

From the Dairy Council of Arizona"

You can probably make these many different ways but basically it's a cloth bag for your potato. I'd use only natural materials (i.e. cotton) so that you are not adding chemicals to the potato.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Crafts AdviceJuly 17, 2007
Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet Potato Chip Recipes
Blue Zipper
Adding a Zipper to a Juice Pouch Purse
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:59:59 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.