Substitution for Snow in Snow Muffin Recipe

I recently saw the recipe posted on your site for snow muffins. I am wondering if the person who submitted it is really using snow. What substitution could be used in place of the snow?

Snow Muffins

By Amber from Toronto, Canada

Hi Amber! All I have ever used for this recipe is snow. That was always the fun of this recipe for our children was to go out and scoop up the snow on stormy days to make the muffins. Toronto must have a good supply like we do in the Maritimes, eh? Enjoy.

1 cup flour

3 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1/2 cup packed snow

1/2 cup raisins (optional)

1/2 cup milk

grated rind of orange or lemon

Directions:

Mix dry ingredients well. Combine egg, milk, and snow with dry ingredients. Line or grease muffin tin. Fill cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 - 20 minutes.

Servings: 1 dozen muffins

Time: 10 Minutes Preparation Time

15 to 20 Minutes Cooking Time

Well to me it would be water, Get 1/2C of packed snow. Let it melt it down, see what the water amount is That is your replacement for 1/2C snow

I found this in another recipe for snow muffins Clean frost scraped from a freezer may be used instead of snow.*

Hope that helps

I am sorry that I didn't see your reply to my question. I was wondering if it was real snow that you were using. Thank you for answering,

I get that it is fun for the kids

I was thinking that any snow, whether it has freshly fallen or had been sitting there for a while, would not be clean because of pollution, wouldn't it? It seems that you don't get sick so there is no problem.

We do get a lot of snow in Toronto but not as much this year. You have been hit hard in the Maritimes! By the way, my father is from Amherst, Nova Scotia.

It is very nice of you to take the time to answer my question. Have a great day!

Has anyone done the packed 1/2 cup of snow to water? and if so would you please tell me how much water to use, we dont get a great deal of snow in my patch of the U.K.

Thank you

Snow
Making Snow Muffins
Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsJanuary 13, 2010
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Snow Muffin
Snow Muffin Recipes
How to Shovel Snow, Man Shoveling Snow
Shoveling Snow
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
🎄