Around our town, a lot of people have those big (5 to 7 inch) patriotic (or other colored) ribbon shaped magnets on their vehicles. I heard on the news that if the automobile owners don't take these magnets off their vehicles on a regular basis and clean both the magnetic side of the magnet and the area where the magnet had been, that the dirt from the roadway will scratch the vehicle's finish.
My sister-in-law had not removed her's for months. When she did the magnet looked like it removed some of the paint on her car...
My Sister-In-Law had left her ribbon magnet on for months. When she did remove it,,It looked like the magnet had removed some of the paint from her car.
This does happen. I had a big magnet of my high school mascot on my last car, and I would only wash under it every few weeks when I cleaned my car. It looked like it had just left a residue behind, so I scrubbed and scrubbed and it would not come clean. So I finally took the magnets off, and even when I traded that car in for my new one, it had the shape of the magnet scratched into the surface. It pains me to see all these people with brand new cars with magnets stuck all over the back, because they don't realize what they are doing. Surely people can find another way to display their pride other than a huge damaging magnet on their car!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!