Make and Freeze Batches of Waffles

I purchased an inexpensive box of waffle mix and spent a couple hours making the whole box of waffles. Once the waffles have cooled, I place them into freezer bags and pop into the freezer for a quick and easy breakfast. A lot less expensive than the pre-packaged waffles! I rinse the freezer bags out, turn them inside out to dry and then they are ready to used the next time.

I keep my cereal bags for freezing, too. The wax paper empty cereal bags work great for wrapping items to freeze. Since I have already paid for the cereal wax bag, it is always put to good use. I also open the bags up and use them to cover items I reheat in the microwave.

By Bobbie from Rockwall

That is a good idea as homemade tastes so much better than the frozen storebought waffles. I used to make huge batches of pancakes on the weekend and freeze the extras to use during the week. They can be microwaved or put in the toaster.

I make up batches of pancakes using a whole box of pancake mix, after cooking them I spread then out on layers of paper towels to cool on a rack, put paper towels between each stack of cooked pancakes. Once they have cooled I put a small piece of wax paper ( make it about the size of the pancake)and place it on a sheet of aluminum foil followed with another small piece of wax paper and another pancake,I stack them in stacks of 4 to 6 since, wrap up foil, then put the foil packs in a Ziplock freezer bag and place them in the freezer. I give the packs o 6 to my Grandson who loves pancakes and he loves it when I put raisens on them some with smiley faces or winking eyes, he can knock out a pack of 6 in one meal. Growing teenagers never seem to get filled up.

I've done this for decades. I like to make homemade, wholegrain waffles instead of the mix. I mix up a huge amount of batter, and when done, I cool them on baking racks. The size of my waffle iron is the same size as the tupperware saltine keeper (I have several). I trim the waffles, put a small piece of waxed paper between them, and stack them in the containers which I put in my freezer. When ever someone wants waffles, they were always ready for quick meals. Since the whole-grain ones are heavier, we often microwave for a few seconds before toasting.

To save money on waxed paper, I buy a box of those deli sheets that supermarkets/donut shops use at Sams's Club. There are 500 in the box, and I quarter them. The last box I bought was only about $3, and they last for years.

These also work great for quick dinners. Chicken ala king tastes wonderful over a whole grain waffle.

Waffles About to be Frozen
Freezing Waffles
Food and Recipes Freezing Baked GoodsFebruary 3, 2009
Waffle Iron
Cooking Uses for a Waffle Iron
Eating pancakes with applesauce.
Syrup Alternatives for Pancakes
Homemade Waffle Recipes, Homemade waffles topped with apples.
Homemade Waffle Recipes
Mashed Potato Waffles
Mashed Potato Waffles
🎉
🎄